Actinic Keratosis Cream | Solar Keratosis Cream
Many topical options are available to treat solar keratosis (sun spots) on the face.
- For minor sun damage and the occasional solar keratosis, use retinoid cream such as Tazarotene, or Retrieve cream.
- When sun damage and actinic keratosis on the nose,
- Picato gel and Aldara can treat solar keratoses in certain localised locations.
- Efudix cream can be applied to the entire face or specific areas for more extensive actinic keratosis or sun spots. For up to three weeks after this therapy, there is mild irritation.
- For the whole face, photodynamic therapy combined with Efudix pretreatment causes inflammation lasting up to 7 days.
Cryotherapy for Actinic Keratosis Treatment
The use of liquid nitrogen’s gaseous vapour in cryotherapy. It is indicated for the treatment of solitary sun keratoses, as well as actinic keratosis with adhering scaly horns.
- A tiny blister forms due to the skin freezing and peeling off over 1-2 weeks.
Preventing Further Solar Keratosis
Some solar keratosis can be prevented by adhering to sun protection.