How to Do Calf Slimming Injections Work
Muscle relaxing injections (most commonly used as anti-wrinkle injections) are injected into the gastrocnemius calf muscle. This injection decreases the strength and shrinks these muscles, creating a slimmer calf appearance.
What is Involved in Calf Slimming Injections?
The calf slimming injections are minimally invasive. First, our cosmetic doctors must consult with you to discuss your goals and conduct a medical history and assessment. A second appointment will be booked if you are suitable for calf slimming injections.
- The procedure is quick and relatively painless; it typically takes around 30 minutes and can even be done during your lunch break.
- The gastrocnemius muscles are targeted with these injections. These injections can reduce calf size by 1-7cm.
- Our Doctors will need you to stand on your toes and will mark the injection sites on both calves to ensure proper targeting of the gastrocnemius muscles.
- An ultra-fine needle administers small amounts of muscle relaxants into each marked site.
- You may experience mild discomfort during the procedure, but numbing is unnecessary.
- Results take up to 8 weeks to achieve maximal calf slimming
- Sometimes an additional injection is required at the second visit if you want your calves to be thinner.
- If you are an athlete or bodybuilder, i.e. people who rely on the specific function of large calf muscles – calf slimming is not for you.
Results and Recover from Calf Slimming Injections
- The effects of muscle relaxant injections usually become visible within one week after treatment, with optimal results seen between a month post-treatment.
- Most patients report a calf size reduction ranging from 1-7cm. However, it’s important to note that results may vary depending on factors such as genetics, muscle mass, and the severity of the issue.
- While these injections temporarily relieve enlarged calves, their effects typically last four to six months. Therefore, to maintain your desired calf size, it is recommended to undergo regular treatments every four or so months or as advised by our cosmetic Doctors.
What are the Side Effects of Calf Slimming Injections?
All side effects are temporary and resolved without treatment.
- The immediate side includes bruising, redness or swelling, which subsides over the following week.
- Most importantly, be aware: Loss of power in the calves can develop over the week following injections. This is not permanent and will resolve spontaneously. However, it can impact on function. Please discuss this with our cosmetic doctors before deciding if calf slimming is the right approach for you.
How Much Do Calf Slimming Injections Cost?
The ultimate cost will depend on how many units you require. As a ballpark figure, calf slimming injections will cost between $1100 and $1320, but this is variable depending on the muscle relaxant you need. This can only be determined by assessment with our Doctors.
Criteria for Being an Ideal Candidate for Calf Slimming Injections
- Being healthy without contraindications that could affect treatment outcomes or safety
- Pregnancy, breastfeeding, and trying to get pregnant exclude all injectable cosmetic treatments.
- Realistic expectations for non-surgical body sculpting. Understanding that touch-ups and maintenance injections may be needed. Calf-Slimming Consultation
- Age: Younger people have more elasticity and respond better to these treatments.
- BMI: Muscle relaxant injections are more likely to work with a normal BMI.
- Skin quality: Calf-slimming treatments can benefit from good skin tone and elasticity.
- Medical history: You must disclose all relevant medical conditions during your consultation, as some medical conditions exclude muscle relaxing injections.
Dr AJ specialises in body slimming injections for calf, trapezius, and masseters. The cost for body sculpting consultations is $100 – redeemable on any treatment with him. Call 0733505447 or book online for a body sculpting consultation with Dr AJ.