Weak Chin or Receding Chin Treatment
A weak chin has no functional implications; however, it impacts the aesthetic appearance, and many people choose to restore a strong jawline. When treating a weak chin, the aim is to restore your nose, lip and chin profile proportions. In addition, chin fillers recreate balance to your face by making a recessed chin appear more extended and broader.
What is the Cause of a Receding Chin?
- A weak chin is generally present from birth and results from the underdevelopment of the jawline in the womb.
- Aging changes also cause a receding chin profile.
- Rarer causes of a weak chin are trauma or infection in childhood, which prevent jawline bone formation.
Chin Augmentation Filler
Until about a decade ago, surgical correction with a chin implant was the only solution for treating a weak chin. However, non-surgical chin augmentation became possible when more structural dermal fillers were developed. So what was once a trip into the operating theatre is now an in-clinic, lunchtime procedure. Our Doctors at Pearl perform weak chin filler treatment. (Please look at our chin filler before and after photos for some of our results). Receding chin filler is placed over the area of weakness and often combined with some jawline filler.
Chin Crease Filler
Another standard chin filler treatment is for a chin crease or mental crease. The chin crease developed as a vertical line in the chin as a result of the aging process. Chin crease filler is often combined with marionette line filler or anti-wrinkle injections to the chin. The chin crease dermal filler is placed under the mental crease, whereas the marionette line filler extends across the entire chin. Anti-wrinkle injections complement mental crease filler by decreasing the activity (scrunching) of the chin muscles.
Chin Filler for Marionette Lines
Another everyday use for chin filler is to correct the appearance of a marionette line. Our Doctors use Marionette line filler alone or in combination with PDO threads. Non-surgical chin augmentation more commonly refers to recessed chin filler treatments. However, the term can be applied to any application. The chin filler cost varies enormously, but up to 4ml can be required, depending on the chin augmentation requirements.
Who is Suitable for Chin Filler?
Men or women over 18 who want to improve the appearance of a weak or receding chin without surgery can benefit from chin fillers. Whether your chin has recessed due to ageing, you were born with a receding chin, or you have asymmetry you would like to correct. With chin fillers, creating a strong jawline, chiselled appearance or restoring youthful balance is achievable. There are few contraindications for this treatment, and our Doctors will review this entirely at the initial consultation.
- Our Doctors can use Chin filler for other indications such as marionette lines, chin cleft or dimples.
- Chin filler also reduces the appearance of the chin crease that commonly occurs as aging skin changes.
- In men, this is about making the chin more chiselled.
- In women, chin fillers create a balanced facial look but retain the face’s ideal oval shape.
Non-Surgical Chin Augmentation, Results and Recovery
Weak chin filler treatment is very satisfying for our clients and our Doctors; please look at our chin filler before and after photo results.
- Chin augmentation fillers are an in-clinic treatment.
- The procedure takes about 45 minutes.
- Anaesthetic is used in the filler treatment to assist in comfort.
- There may be bruising and swelling afterwards and a feeling of soreness.
- Our Doctors will go through the expected recovery during the consultation.
What are the Best Chin Fillers?
Dermal filler increases the volume in the area, recreating length to a weak chin profile and width to the front appearance. The most common choices are non-permanent, thick structural fillers. These fillers last longer and are required to return a structured appearance to the jaw. Chin fillers can be used alone or in combination with other filler treatments.
- For glamourising, chin filler is commonly combined with lip and sometimes cheek filler to enhance the profile further, but this is unnecessary.
- For jowl lift, chin fillers are combined with jawline enhancement.
- Combining face-slimming injections with chin fillers achieves a more heart-shaped face.
- When restoring the facial profile, non-surgical rhinoplasty can also be performed.
- In addition, as an anti-aging treatment, chin filler can be combined with cheek, jawline, upper lip wrinkles, under-eye fillers and anti-wrinkle injections.
The time fillers last in the lower face vary. Factors include which therapy is chosen, movement in the area and how fast your body resorbs the product saying that we expect 12 – 18 months for most fillers.
Chin Filler Cost
The amount and type of filler required to determine the chin filler cost. For non-surgical chin augmentation – a minimum of 2ml is usually needed; however, chin crease filler and marionette line treatment often require 4ml or more chin filler. So the first thing is to book an assessment with our Doctors; they will assess how much filler is needed to return a strong jawline appearance.
Threads – An Alternative To Chin Fillers
New thread lifting provides exciting alternatives to fillers for many facial treatments. For example, a specialised thread can lift the chin crease and marionette lines without surgery. Thus, providing a non-surgical approach for face contouring across many face parts.
At Pearl, our Doctors perform chin filler for several concerns, including marionette lines, chin creases, chin dimples, and strengthening the appearance of a receding chin. In addition, they provide a free assessment at the outset. Check out our chin and dermal filler package specials below!
Free Assessment with our Cosmetic Doctors
Our Doctors provide a free cosmetic injectables consultation. You will need this assessment before the correct treatment plan can be recommended. Check out our filler promotion specials above. The Promotions are available with Dr Aj, Dr Aishsa, and Dr Andreinna. *Filler packages do not include tear trough or nose filler treatment.
Book Online or Call 07 3350 5447 for a consultation with one of our Doctors.