Coolsculpting and Emsculpt are both non-invasive body contouring devices. But that is where the similarity ends. Coolsculpting uses fat freezing to reduce pockets of unwanted fat. Whereas, Emsculpt uses rapid muscle contractions to build or sculpt muscle. So think defined abs or butt lift; however, it does have some localised fat-reducing properties.
There are other effective non-surgical body sculpting devices available using the same technology:
- Fat freezing with Cooltech and Clattuu
- Muscle contractions with TeslaFormer.
There are alternative technologies for body sculpting, such as radiofrequency, fat heating, fat-dissolving injections and surgical liposuction. Emsculpting and Coolsculpt work best if you have a normal BMI. Neither is meant for weight control. So what are the differences between the two?
CoolSculpting vs Emsculpt Technology?
Coolsculpting and Emsculpt have a similar aim, i.e. body sculpting. However, the mode of action is very different.
- Coolsculpting uses cryolipolysis or fat freezing for spot reduction of fat resistant to diet and exercise.
- In contrast, Emsculpt uses high-intensity focused electromagnetic (HIFEM) technology to induce 10 – 20,0000 muscle contractions in one session. So it is like doing an intense workout and provides muscle sculpting. In addition, it can help with fat reduction as long as you maintain a low-sugar diet while getting treatment. So once available sugar is used, it will turn to fat burning.
- Coolsculpting uses a handpiece to suck fat into a cup, taken to a low temperature. The aim is to induce fat cell death to reduce fat permanently. The released fat is then eliminated from your body.
- Emsculpt, on the other hand, delivers HIFEM via a handpiece strapped over the muscle you wish to condition. Tne-focused magnetic stimulation causes rapid, repeated muscle contraction. Think of thousands of sit-ups in a single 30-minute session.
CoolSculpting vs Emsculpt Comfort Level
Both Coolsculpt and Emsculpting cause some discomfort during the treatment. However, Emsculpting is much less with an initial period of unease as your muscles get used to the intensity of contractions.
Coolsculpting does cause discomfort at the start and end of the treatment.
- Firstly when the fat is initially sucked into the cup, it can feel like an intense pulling.
- However, once the temperature is lowered, the area is numb, and no discomfort is experienced.
- Secondly, when the handpiece is removed and the fat popsicle is massaged, more intense pain can be felt as the blood returns to the area and warms up.
Length of Treatment CoolSculpting vs Emsculpt
Coolsculpt and Emsculpting have very different treatment recommendations.
- Coolsculpting takes an hour to treat an area.
- Emsculpt is a 30-minute treatment.
- With Coolscupting, the procedure is repeated at 8 -12 weeks for further fat reduction. Optimally most people require 2-3 treatments for removal.
- In comparison, the Emsculpt is recommended as a minimum of 4 performed every three days for optimal results. So with the Emsculpt, you are best to make sure you have dedicated time set aside over a fortnight for optimal results.
CoolSculpting vs Emsculpt Results
Although both Coolsculpting and Emsculpt are body contouring treatments, Coolsculpting focuses on spot fat reduction, and Emsculpt focuses on muscle toning, with some fat-reducing benefits.
- Coolsculpting claims to permanently reduce fat in the treated area (because the freezing induces apoptosis).
- In contrast, the Emsculpt results must be repeated once every 12 weeks to 6 months.
If you want to treat yourself, combining Coolsculpting and Emsculpt treatments should give superior results for abs. This is because they are firstly reducing the fat with Coolsculpting, then building definition with the Emsculpt.
What Areas Can Be Treated Coolsculpting vs Emsculpt
We can apply Coolsculpting and Emsculpt to multiple body areas.
- Emsculpt is primarily used for ab sculpting and non-surgical butt lift; however, we can also apply it to the top of thighs, arms or calves.
- Coolsculpting can be used for the tummy, chin, arms, bra fat, love handles, inner & outer thighs, knees, banana roll, and back fat, i.e. most body areas have unwanted fat.
CoolSculpting vs Emsculpt For Cellulite?
Neither technology is indicated for cellulite, though both may have some side benefits to help reduce the fat, increase blood supply and provide some side benefits of skin tightening. For cellulite treatment, you are best to look toward subcision or fat-reducing injections such as Lipodissolve and biostimulating fillers.
CoolSculpting vs Emsculpt Side Effects?
While both Coolsculpting and Emsculpt are non-invasive, both have possible side effects.
- CoolSculpting side effects include pain, bruising, sensitivity or numbness, and lumpiness in treated areas. In addition, divots result if too much fat is removed from one site. Finally, the flip side is paradoxical hyperplasia (PAH). Where instead of fat reduction in the treated area, it increases.
- Emsculpt can also cause muscular pain in the treated area. (like you have completed a good workout).
The Ideal Candidate for CoolSculpting vs Emsculpt?
The ideal candidate for cool sculpting and Emsculpt is someone with a BMI of 25 or less. If you have a higher BMI, treatments like liposuction or BTL Vanquish provide superior treatment. You can also consider weight control. We recommend a naturopathic approach to weight control and focussing on an anti-inflammatory Mediterranean diet.
Cooltech vs FMS Sculpting
We have chosen alternative technologies for fat freezing and magnetic muscle stimulation because we can deliver these at an affordable price.
- We use Cooltech for fat freezing and FMS Sculpting with Teslaformer for magnetic stimulation of muscle contractions.
Our complete body sculpting and tightening offerings include Cooltech fat freezing, Tesla former, Lipodissolve, laser for stretch mark treatment & Lipodissolve injections for cellulite. One of our doctors is also particularly interested in weight management and medical weight loss injections.
Other Non-Surgical Body Sculpting Techniques.
Several non-invasive and liposuction methods can be used as alternatives for body sculpting. Some of these have entirely different technology, whereas some other options act via the same process.
- Fat heating technologies such as Vanquish and Trusculpt (which use radiofrequency)
- Warmsculpting with Sculpsure, ultrasound or physical removal such as liposuction.
- Fat-dissolving injections can reduce chin fat and be used off-label across many body areas.
- Other fat freezing includes Clattuu and Cooltech. Both are established and provide consistent results.
Other muscle contraction devices include Telslaformer. Teslaformer uses focused magnetic stimulation to induce muscle contraction. It was introduced initially as a medical device and found full acceptance for muscle rehabilitation. It is used to treat various muscular pains and stress incontinence. In addition, Tesla provides muscle building for body sculpting in the aesthetic market.
Book Online or call 07 3350 5447 for a free laser consultation.