Please note: We are not currently offering this service.
What is involved in Laser Tattoo Removal?
The first step is to come in for a free consultation with our laser specialist Angela.
- In the initial free appointment, they will go over what is involved before, during and after laser removal sessions.
- Discuss the treatment course, with an estimation of the number of sessions, with the Kirby-Desai Scale guide and aftercare instructions.
- Cryo-cooler or Zimmer is used before, during and after treatment.
- Aftercare packs & supplements are available to speed healing.
Laser Tattoo Removal Process.
Laser tattoo removal takes several sessions to fade the pigment. The treatment course depends on how old the tattoo is, whether professional or amateur, the colours, and your skin type. The use of numbing cream before treatment and even aftercare and the healing process impacts each laser session’s activity. Ergo how many treatments do you require? After each session, there is a gradual fading of tattoo pigment, which can also vary between individuals.
- Generally, 3- 10 or more treatments are required, depending on several factors.
- We sell our treatments in packages to help with the cost of treatment.
- Minimum of six weeks between treatments for gradual fading, but sometimes it is best to leave it for 8 -12 weeks between treatments.
Laser Tattoo Removal Cost
The removal price per session is $220 up to $660 for a full a4 size tattoo. This varies according to the size of your tattoo. The overall cost is determined by the number of treatments required times the cost per treatment.
Though it is challenging to be entirely accurate, utilising the Kirby-Desai scale allows a closer estimate of the number of sessions that may be required. The emphasis is on an estimate, as the Kirby-Desai scale is 80% accurate. See the complete calculation below.
How does Laser Tattoo Removal Work?
Laser tattoo removal uses wavelengths of light to shatter tattoo ink. Then, phagocytes and your lymphatic system reabsorb the broken ink. Q-switch lasers’ invention allowed ultrashort (nanosecond) bursts of light to remove tattoo ink and skin pigmentation safely. The Picosure laser was the first picosecond laser. However, Picosure lasers advanced when second-generation lasers Picocare and Picoplus came onto the market.
Call us on 07 3350 5447 for a free consultation or book online.