Preparing for Your Lip Tattoo
A lip tattoo sounds painful. However, your lips are numbed before treatment. And once thoroughly numbed, the process is well-tolerated, only feeling an occasion bitey point. If you have low pain tolerance, our Doctors can provide a complete dental block before the procedure. Taking a pain reliever such as paracetamol helps before the lip tattoo also helps. However, do not take aspirin or Naprosyn because they can thin the blood and increase the risk of bruising and bleeding. Tara also advises against taking certain natural supplements such as fish oil, vitamin E and garlic. If you have a history of a cold sore, let Tara know, as the lip blush tattoo can cause an outbreak. You will need to take prevention such as over the counter Zovirax.
Lip Tattooing Procedure
- First, there’s lip preparation. Tara will apply a topical anaesthetic for a minimum of 20 minutes before starting lip blushing treatment.
- Tara will outline the shape for the lip tattoo so that you can evaluate and tweak any changes.
- The lip blush tattoo takes 90 minutes (sometimes longer, depending on what you want to achieve.
Lip Blush Tattoo Recovery
After the treatment, your lips may be swollen, and the colour will be more intense than the final lip blush result. Be careful not to think this primary colour is the result, and the colour fades up to 50%.
- Your lips will begin to heal over the next seven days.
- The first form is a scab (not attractive – so be sure to build this into your calendar).
- Do not pick the scabs off as this can cause unevenness in the lip colouring tattoo result.
- Keep the lips moist with the aftercare cream provided by Tara until the lip tattoo has healed.
Lip Blush Tattoo Results.
Once healed, a lip blush tattoo produces very natural results. Sometimes people compare lip blush to lip filler. Lip filler is excellent for adding volume to your lips, but lip blushing provides a more natural look and creates the illusion of fuller lips.
- You will need a perfection treatment at six weeks, and at this time, Tara can fill any areas where the pigment did not take and correct lip shape if required.
- Expect the lip blush tattoo to last up to 5 years.
Lip Tattooing with Lip Blush – Let us Sum it Up
Lip blushing is a cosmetic lip tattoo that enhances the beauty of the natural lip colour. Lip blushing uses a cosmetic tattoo machine to deposit tiny dots into your lip. Multiple layers are created, which gives an actual blush colour to the lips. Results vary from person to person, but lip blushing can generally last up to five years.
Lip blushing provides a more natural look and creates the illusion of fuller lips. At six weeks, Tara can fill any areas where the pigment did not take and correct the lip shape if required.
Tara provides a free consultation at the outset for you to go over all the information about lip tattooing. Please book online or call 07 33505447.