How does Lipodissolve Work?
Lipodissolve is primarily comprised of phosphatidylcholine (PPC), a solution that disrupts fat cells when injected into subcutaneous fat. As a result, the fat is released from the cell and then removed through natural body systems and eliminated from your body. PPC is derived from soybeans and has been used in cosmetic medicine for localised fat reduction for over ten years. Fat-dissolving injections primarily reduce localised fat deposits; however, they have some skin tightening benefits. However, it does not replace liposuction or weight loss if you have significant areas requiring reduction. Instead, it is used as a spot treatment for body sculpting, cellulite removal and even for correction of post-liposuction lumps and bumps.
Lipodissolve Chin Treatment
Lipodissolve is primarily used to reduce excess chin fat or a double chin. A double chin can develop even in people of average weight, appearing to have a genetic predisposition. The unfortunate thing about chin fat is that it makes you look older and bigger than your actual age and weight. Lipodissolve chin injections are face slimming and helping you appear younger – a bonus!
- An initial complimentary consultation with our doctors will determine whether you are a good candidate for the treatment and go over your medical history.
- Before the Lipodissolve chin injections, we will take before photos so that you can have a comparison of the results.
- After marking up the chin area and cleaning with antiseptic, our doctors will inject local anaesthetic before the Lipodissolve chin injections begin.
- Once numbed, the procedure is comfortable.
- Expect 5 – 10 days of swelling, tenderness, redness, heat, and possibly some bruising after treatment.
- Drink plenty of water, and apply a cold pack if needed.
Lipodissolve Chin Results and Recovery
Results: Lipodissolve chin treatment provides permanent fat reduction as long as you maintain your healthy diet, activity and body weight. However, the results are not evident immediately. In addition, there is significant swelling after the treatment, lasting up to ten days. Therefore, it is crucial to factor in the timing of therapy, so you do not have any critical events afterwards.
- Two to five treatments spaced four weeks apart are required to achieve the desired slimming results. This, however, is dependent on individual responses.
- The skin will tighten as the chin swelling goes down as the fat deposits shrink.
- As with all fat-reducing treatments, a small percentage of people for whom it does not work or only works in a limited way (approximately 5 per cent). Unfortunately, we cannot predict who will be in this small minority, so we cannot provide a guarantee.
- The results will last as long as you maintain an average level of activity, diet, and body weight. (i.e. do not think it is free reign with fast foods after treatment – the results will only disappoint).
Fat-dissolving Injections for Body and Cellulite Treatments
Good candidates for fat-dissolving injections: Men and women in good general health have realistic expectations of the outcome and have identified specific areas for fat reduction and cellulite treatment. Our doctors can treat any part of the body. Although fat-dissolving injections can be used for areas up to a4 size, larger body areas often respond better to fat freezing (cryolipolysis). Also, if you have larger areas of fat you want to reduce, we recommend meeting with our naturopath to discuss healthy weight options or considering Coolsculpting or liposuction.
The body areas we recommend fat dissolving injections over fat freezing are the outer thighs, knee area, Lipodissolve chin and jowl treatment, and cellulite. If you want to target cellulite, there are specific cellulite reduction techniques. For treatment of the body, areas wear loose clothing over the treatment area, preferably in a dark colour. Otherwise, the procedure is the same for Lipodissolve chin treatments. When larger areas are treated (the maximum recommended size is up to a4 sizes in one session), you may experience nausea, so our Doctors will prescribe an antiemetic.
Preparing for Lipodissolve Treatments
One week before the procedure, stop taking supplements because they increase the risk of bruising. Fish oil, anti-inflammatory tablets, vitamin E, and aspirin are examples of these.
Fat-dissolving injections are contraindicated if you have a weakened liver or kidney function, an autoimmune condition, or are pregnant or breastfeeding. In addition, uncontrolled high blood pressure or an allergy to any Lipodissolve components.
The primary after-effect is swelling; however, there are other less common after-effects you should know.
- There may be a numb sensation in the treated area for up to 6 weeks after the procedure; this will go away.
- Localised inflammation in the fat can cause tender lumps, requiring local steroid injections to settle.
- Infection at the site is possible but uncommon. However, if you develop a fever or the area continues to become redder, swollen, or hot after the first few days, please get in touch with us right away.
- Rarely diarrhoea or fever occurs.
- There is also an uncommon possibility of an allergic reaction to the PPC; please seek help immediately if you have breathing difficulties, difficulty swallowing or wheezing.
- A small white or black spot will form due to a rare complication of skin necrosis. If this happens, don’t hesitate to contact us right away.
For a free consultation with our Doctors, call us on 07 3350 5447 or book online.