What Causes the Turkey Neck?
With age, the skin on the neck deteriorates, and a turkey neck, double chin and saggy neck changes can develop. Non-surgical neck lifts, neck tightening, Lipodissolve injections, HIFU skin tightening and prescription retinoid treatments are all options for treating your turkey neck.
- The turkey neck evolves because of decreased skin elasticity and neck muscle weakness.
- Muscle weakness allows the neck fat pads to protrude, resulting in a double chin or turkey neck appearance.
A surgical neck lift will be required if the saggy neck skin is advanced. Below is a treatment overview for saggy (turkey) neck treatment, neck wrinkle treatment, and double chin treatment.
Neck Tightening Treatment Overview
- Saggy neck skin (turkey neck) can be treated with a neck thread lift, HIFU, or surgical neck lift.
- Neck PDO threads and dermal fillers plump the lines and wrinkles in the neck.
- Double chins can be treated with Lipodissolve fat-dissolving injections.
- Tixel skin tightening and dermal filler can smooth necklace lines or neck wrinkles.
- Nefertiti lift can smooth neck lines and lift the lower face along the jawline.
Neck thread lifts are non-surgical neck lifts that provide natural-looking lifting. Neck thread lifts with mono PDO threads, barbed PDO neck threads, or PDO double screw threads are the most common, and each approach is different. Furthermore, the Nefertiti Lift is included; At the same time, it primarily tightens the jawline; it is still considered a non-surgical neck lift and has a relaxing effect to help smooth necklines. All clinic treatments should begin with collagen-stimulating retinoid creams and niacinamide, as improving the texture and quality of your skin allows all modalities to work better.
Thread Lift for the Neck
PDO thread lifts are a rejuvenation and lifting procedure that uses dissolvable sutures. The method requires little recovery time, and you can immediately resume your normal activities. However, there is a high risk of bruising with all PDO thread techniques.
- PDO threads are dissolvable sutures used in surgeries since the 1980s.
- The thread degrades in your body after about six months, stimulating fibroblasts to produce more collagen and providing structure and elasticity to your skin.
- PDO threads are classified into barbed, mono, and screw threads.
- They are all beneficial for non-surgical neck treatments but are used for different symptoms due to how they act and apply.
Barbed PDO Neck Thread Lift : As the name implies, barbed PDO threads have barbs like tiny fishhooks to support and lift the skin on your neck.
- Barbed threads are inserted beneath the skin, anchored, and pulled up to create a neck lift.
- As the threads dissolve, they stimulate collagen and elastin in the skin, improving the texture of the neck skin, reducing the appearance of neck wrinkles, and, most importantly, preventing the formation of the saggy neck skin.
- A barbed thread, such as Avaderm, is ideal for a non-surgical neck lift; treatment results can last 12 months.
Mono PDO Threads for Neck Tightening and Chin Fat: PDO neck threads can aid in neck tightening, wrinkle reduction, and treating submental fat. Their mode of action depends on the depth they are placed.
- PDO mono threads are smooth, floating threads that stimulate collagen to help rejuvenate and tighten neck skin when placed under the dermal layer.
- A second novel application is that they reduce fat in the chin area, reducing the appearance of a turkey neck when placed deeper in the fat layer.
- This is only effective for small amounts of chin fat; for larger quantities, Lipodissolve fat dissolving, neck lift surgery or liposuction will be required for large deposits.
Double Twist PDO Threads: Twist PDO threads comprise two intertwined threads. The thread untwists when it is placed under the skin and released.
- They are used to restore volume to recessed areas of your skin and are especially effective when inserted along neck wrinkles, where they plump out the lines and enhance collagen production.
- Double-twist threads are frequently used in combination with other neck threads.
Please book online or call 3350 5447 for a consultation with our cosmetic doctors or nurse.