In deciding the best skin tightening treatment, you must consider what is happening with your skin. Generally, loose skin can refer to skin laxity or skin redundancy.
- Skin laxity refers to fine lines and wrinkles and sagging skin from aging- this response well to biostimulator filler injections, HIFU, rf skin tightening, PDO threads or *fibroblasting.
- Surgery may be required if skin redundancy, for example, loose skin from weight loss or more advanced aging. However, biostimulating filler can provide significant results without surgery for sagging jowl or tightening face skin.
In a free consultation with our Nurse, Christine, she will assess your skin and advise the best approach.
Skin Tightening Treatment – Skin Sagging
- Biostimulator Fillers (Cosmetic Doctor)
- Tixel Skin Treatment
- PDO Mono Threads (Cosmetic Doctor )
- RF Skin tightening
- Laser Skin Tightening
Skin Tightening for Skin Redundancy
- Surgery – Facelift, Body Lift
- Biostimulator Filler Injections
- Thread Lifting
The above treatments aim to stimulate your skin to produce more collagen by creating a controlled injury so your skin mounts a healing response. This improves the quality of your skin as well as firming and tightening. The treatments, however, have a different mode of action.
- Biostimulating fillers inject tiny microspheres into your skin, stimulating type 3 and type 1 collagen. They can be used for loose skin on the body, sagging jowls, tightening face skin, tightening neck skin, and addressing any sagging skin.
- HIFU uses ultrasound to contract collagen, and heat-induced collagen stimulation is beneficial for sagging jowls, neck tightening and tummy tightening.
- RF skin tightening uses radiofrequency, creating a cone of skin injury. Therefore, it is more suitable for sagging skin on the face. Though it can be applied to the body, other methods are preferred and used to tighten face skin.
- Lasers convert light into a high-energy beam for loose skin on the face. Tighten face skin.
- PDO threads are tiny dissolvable threads inserted under your skin and used to tighten the facial skin, neck tightening, and loose skin. Generally, biostimulating fillers are considered superior for tightening sagging body skin.
- Lifting Threads are more for skin redundancy than skin laxity, and our cosmetic doctors would generally use them as a second-line treatment after biostimulating fillers.
Combining treatments gives superior results, e.g. biostimulator fillers combined with Lifting Threads, PDO threads, + HIFU for a Korean Thread Lift. All of these treatments are indicated for mild to moderate saggy skin. More severe sagging will require surgery if you want a serious fix.
Free Assessment with our Nurse Christine to Devise Your Best Skin Tightening Treatment Plan.
Book Online or Call 07 3350 5447 for a free consultation with one of our Skin Specialist Nurse, Christine.