At Pearl, we specialise in HIFU lifting facial and neck tightening, tummy tightening, arms, and legs, providing some benefits of lifting without surgery. Our cosmetic doctors also use the 8D HIFU to complement body skin tightening and cellulite treatment alongside subcision and biostimulating filler. So, how much tightening and lifting is achieved with the HIFU facelift, and how does it compare to traditional facelift procedures? Let’s review a few points to help you decide if a HIFU treatment is right for you.
What is HIFU Skin Tightening?
Non-surgical skin tightening procedures have been central to aesthetic procedures for around four decades. Fortunately, big steps forward in technology have led to new minimally invasive treatments in the past few years, beginning with laser resurfacing and deep chemical peels. The first significant breakthroughs came with radiofrequency RF skin tightening and fractionated or Fraxel laser treatments. HIFU treatment may be the new kid on the block, but it is taking centre stage now, with the HIFU facial being widely used as a facelift substitute worldwide.
First introduced in 2008, HIFU (high-intensity focused ultrasound) uses ultrasound to encourage collagen production, resulting in plumper, firmer skin. Although it can be used in many areas, the face, or HIFU facial, is the most common treatment. High-intensity focused ultrasound treatment is primarily used for lines, wrinkles, and sagging skin concerns on the face and neck. However, it can be used anywhere on the body for a non-surgical body lift.
How Does High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound Work?
High-intensity focused ultrasound is targeted in depth, and temperatures are required to induce new collagen. The treatment uses ultrasound energy to heat the layers of skin under the surface. Therefore, each treatment is focused on targeting specific depths. For example, with a high-intensity focused ultrasound facial, the treatments are 1.5, 2 &3 mm and 4.5 mm deep, and for the body, 6mm and 13mm.
High-intensity focused ultrasound uses ultrasound waves to heat deeper layers of your skin. The heat creates a controlled injury, causing your skin to mount a healing and repair response that induces the production of new collagen to firm your skin and elastin for more spring.
High-intensity focused ultrasound uses the natural repair mechanisms of your skin.
Increased collagen production is achieved without damage to the skin surface. The ultrasound heats the tissue, resulting in a healing cascade and stimulation of new collagen. HIFU treatment results develop progressively over 6 – 12 weeks.
HIFU treatments have been shown to
- Smooth wrinkles and fine lines on the face
- Tighten sagging skin on the neck (turkey neck)
- Define jawline by reducing jowls
- Firm and tightening skin in most places of your face and body
- Improve skin texture and quality
How Effective is a HIFU Facelift?
The results of a HIFU facial cannot be compared to the dramatic effects of a facelift, and with good aftercare, results last up to 12 months. But it does produce significant lifting and is favoured by younger women as a preventative measure.
The HIFU treatment was popularised by the Korean V lift, which used combinations of HIFU facial and PDO threads to create a lower and mid-face lift (lift sagging jowls). To recreate a classical v-shaped face. (which is considered a sign of youthfulness)
*D HIFU Treatment
As the most recent technology in high-intensity focused ultrasound, *D HIFU is more popular than 4D HIFU.
Why do people favour 8D HIFU over 4D?
- It refreshes and tightens your skin, giving it a glow of healthy, firm, and elastic skin by stimulating the proliferation of collagen and elastin fibres.
- Improved comfort
- The focus point on the 8D HIFU is smaller. As a result, 8D high-intensity focus delivers energy more precisely to the layer of skin we target.
- Because if it is highly targeted, it achieves results without harming the surrounding tissue.
Why is it called 8D HIFU?
The answer is simple: 8D HIFU has eight cartridges that allow you to treat seven different skin layers. In addition, 1.5, 2, 3, 4.5, 6, 13 and 16 mm cartridges are available.
- The above cartridge (6 mm) treats the fat tissue, transforming high-intensity focused ultrasound from rejuvenation to cellulite reduction.
- 8D HIFU includes two distinct handpiece types, depending on whether it is used on the face or the body.
- Handpieces for the face that are used for rejuvenation
In terms of results, 8D HIFU treatment outperforms older HIFU devices.
- 8D treatments last one to two years, with increased collagen production in the skin.
- 8D HIFU treatment is less painful and faster in comparison to older treatments.
Please book online or call us on 07 3350 5447 for a HIFU treatment or consultation.