How is a Korean Facelift Performed?
The Korean facelift consists of inserting multiple tiny threads deeply into your skin. PDO threads are absorbable, and the principal action is to stimulate collagen strands to grow at the insertion site. This creates a lifting over 3-6 months. However, because the PDO thread armours the skin, there is an immediate gentle lift, even though it is not primarily a lifting procedure. The threads can be placed across the lower face, midface neck and forehead above the brow. To achieve a V lift, the threads are inserted in specific patterns along lower face vectors.
What is achieved with a Korean Thread Lift?
The Korean thread lift uses floating PDO threads to tighten the skin. Anyone can benefit from the treatment as the collagen-stimulating effect helps prevent the progression of facial aging. It does not have a volumising impact but can be used in combination with dermal fillers. You would expect to get a top-up in two years.
How Long Does PDO Thread Lift Take?
This depends on the number of threads you require. A full-face will typically take 30-45 minutes. But you will need to come into the clinic a full hour beforehand to apply a numbing cream to ensure the procedure can proceed comfortably. With adequate numbing, the PDO thread lift is virtually pain-free.
PDO Thread Treatment Areas
Though the typical v lift consists of lower face, jawline and midface threads, any facial area can be treated.
- Brow Lift – only subtle; you may wish to consider a thread lift for more dramatic results.
- Midface Lift – Aptos Threadlift likewise can provide more dramatic lifting
- Jawline Lift – best performed with lifting threads to achieve non-surgical jowl lift
- Neck lift – subtle, for more advanced sagging Aptos threads or neck lift.
- Inner Thigh – for sagging
- Upper inner arm – for sagging and wrinkling.
Korean Thread Lift Recovery
- Bruising and swelling are common (you are getting lots of tiny threads inserted)
- Swelling can last 2 – 5 days.
- Bruising lasts up to 7 days.
- Your face will be tender the next day and maybe a couple of days afterwards.
How Often Will You Need Korean Threadlift?
To maintain results, expect the V lift to last 12-24 months. However, because PDO threads are versatile, you can top up with a smaller number at any stage. The idea of creating a V lift through the face with lots of tiny threads to achieve a natural look.
Call us on 07 3350 5447 to book a free assessment with our Doctors or book online.