PDO Thread Lift Brisbane
PDO Thread Lift with MINT Mono Threads or Barbed PDO Threads
PDO thread lifts are currently the fastest-growing non-surgical anti-ageing treatments in cosmetic medicine. There are three primary PDO threads available on the market; PDO mono threads, barbed PDO threads, and double screw PDO threads. Each one is used for a different treatment approach:
- Smooth floating mono PDO threads are placed under your skin to stimulate collagen production and are used for skin tightening. The PDO threads stimulate collagen production through a complex process known as mechanotransduction. Your skin cells are mechanically stimulated into healing activity through the release of growth factors.
- Barbed PDO threads are used to lift skin, e.g. for jowl lift or neck lift.
- Double Screw PDO threads are used to volumise grooves or folds, e.g. nasolabial folds and marionette lines.
Mono PDO Threads are for Skin Laxity
Mono PDO thread lifts target skin laxity and is designed to tighten skin by stimulating new collagen growth (neocollagenesis). A PDO thread facelift involves inserting 100 – 200 tiny threads under the skin along specific vector lines. These are designed to improve skin texture and quality, smooth fine lines and wrinkles and tighten sagging skin. Though not intended for lifting, a slight lift is commonly achieved. (A bonus)
Barbed PDO Thread Lifts are for Skin Redundancy
Barbed PDO thread lifts target skin redundancy and relies on a mechanical pull of 12-16 threads inserted under the skin. These are then pulled to lift redundant skin. Depending on the technique used, thread lifting can restore volume to its rightful place. While providing some neocollagenesis, Mono PDO threads are better suited for skin texture improvement. Barbed PDO threads can be used as a solo treatment or combined with dermal filler or mono and double screw threads.
Double Screw PDO Threads are for Volume Replacement
Double screw PDO threads are used to replace volume loss in areas of small deficit, such as marionette or nasolabial fold. They have a unique action because they consist of a double twist of the PDO thread. When placed under the skin and untwist, they cause neocollagenesis inside and outside the thread. Subsequently, collagen networks are formed between the ligaments and surrounding tissue, acting as a solid filler. Double screw PDO threads are tightening and firming products with subtle volumising for very natural facial contouring.
PDO Thread Lifts with Fillers.
PDO thread lifts are commonly combined with dermal fillers and wrinkle relaxing treatments. Combinations treatments are essential for harmony and balance in facial contouring. Our Doctors will customise a therapeutic approach for facial contouring depending on the assessment of your face and the degree of volume loss, sagging and skin condition.
PDO THREAD LIFT PRICE
PDO MINT MONO LOWER FACE & JOWL – 45min was $$1999, Now $1499
PDO MINT MONO NECK TREATMENT – 45min was $1899, Now $1499
PDO MINT MONO TURKEY NECK & SUBMENTAL – 45min was $499, Now $399
MINT BARBED THREAD LIFT 12 Threads 120min – $4,500
Book Online or call 07 3350 5447 For a free assessment with our Doctors
What are PDO Threads?
PDO Threads (polydioxanone) are cosmetic facial threads that were popularised in Korea. They are placed in the subcutaneous fat layer. Although their use in cosmetic medicine is relatively new, polydioxanone has been used as a suture material for decades and was adopted into aesthetics because they stimulate a healing response and new collagen deposition. (neocollagenesis). PDO threads are absorbable and dissolve naturally over time. As they dissolve, they stimulate the skin to produce more natural collagen and elastin.
What Can Be Achieved With a Thread Lift?
Though not as dramatic as a surgical facelift, thread facelifts can be used to restore many ageing facial concerns, including skin tightening, smoothing wrinkles, improving skin texture, volumising to improve facial contours as well as lifting sagging skin.
- Mono PDO threads are used for early sagging or preventive measures in younger women.
- A barbed thread lift provided a more dramatic lifting impact and indicated more pronounced facial sagging and can be used to tighten jowl, jawline, neck, and body areas.
Who is the Ideal Candidate for a PDO Thread Lift?
- The best candidate is between 35 and 55 years of age, though it is not restricted.
- If there is too much loose skin, then surgery may be a better option.
- Thread lifts can be used to top up Facelifts.
Indications for a PDO Thread Lift:
At Pearl Medispa, our Doctors perform:
- PDO thread lift or jowl lift.
- Jawline slimming – fat reduction & skin tightening.
- Chin tightening – for an early double chin or sagging skin.
- Neck and decolletage treatment – wrinkles & lines, sun damage & sagging skin.
- Under-eye circles – eye thread lift.
- Brow forehead lifts – eyebrow thread lift for brow drooping.
- Nose reshaping – PDO nose thread lift or HIKKO nose lift
- Lip wrinkle treatment – lip thread lift.
- Lift Sagging facial skin – non-surgical facelift combines barbed, floating and double screw. PDO threads can be used alongside dermal fillers techniques and anti-wrinkle injections.
Thread Lift Results
- A discrete lifting.
- More jawline definition through the lifting of the jowls.
- More youthful cheek curves as facial volume are pulled up.
- Softening of nasolabial and marionette folds.
- Smoothing of fine lines and wrinkles across cheeks and lower face.
- Overall improvement in facial contours and skin tone.
- Lifting of sagging neck skin with a thread neck lift.
MINT Thread Facelift- Mini Facelift
- A mini facelift is performed with a local anaesthetic as a lunchtime procedure. You can resume most of your normal activities. (There are some exceptions. Strenuous exercise, excessive facial movement and adopting an altered sleeping posture which our doctors will explain fully)
- There is no surgery and no scars, but expect bruising.
- The absorbable threads break down slowly over time ( about 18 months) and, in the process, stimulate collagen production.
PDO Threads Safety Profile?
PDO is a synthetic fibre called polydioxanone that has been used for many years in plastic and general and cardiac surgery. The use as absorbable threads in aesthetics followed decades of application and is believed to be safe. However, people can react to these threads (rare) as they are generally non-allergenic and fully biodegradable. Common side effects are minor and temporary, including bruising, swelling and altered sensation.
Do you want to know more about our PDO thread lift or MINT techniques – book a free assessment with our Doctors?