Seborrheic Keratosis Treatment Options
Seborrheic keratosis can be removed with freezing, diathermy or curettage with Ellman Surgitron.
- Curettage is a simple treatment for annoying, cosmetically distressing, or irritated seborrheic keratoses. This results in a small white scar rather than an elevated brown seborrheic keratosis after several months.
- The Ellman Surgitron provides a quick and effective way to remove seborrheic keratosis without cutting or stitching. This radiofrequency technology aims to provide seborrheic keratosis removal without a perceptible scar.
The Process of Seborrheic Keratosis Removal
Most people decide to get rid of seborrheic keratosis and other skin growths that are either concerned for the appearance or irritated by rubbing on clothing.
Seborrheic Keratosis Removal Procedure
- The seborrheic keratosis is injected with a local anaesthetic to numb it during the procedure.
- The radiofrequency shaving process should be entirely painless.
- A dressing will be applied after the procedure.
- The treated area should be covered for the entire healing time, 5-7 days on the face and 10 – 14 days on the rest of the body.
Generally, only one achieve seborrheic keratosis treatment is required; however, sometimes, a second and rarely a third. For example, suppose you have a darker skin type or a history of keloid scarring. This could be an issue with seborrheic keratosis removal; Our doctors will discuss this and measures to prevent post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation or keloid formation. Our Doctors also provide removal for skin tags & cosmetic mole removal.
Please book online or Call 07 3350 5447 to book an appointment with our Doctors.