Tixel Laser Skin Treatments
Tixel treatment has found a niche in safely treating the eye area, treating fine lines, wrinkles, thinning skin, and other aging skin concerns. However, it can also be used over the face, neck, decolletage, and body. In addition, it is beneficial for skin laxity, scarring, acne, pigmentation, and even rosacea!
The treatment also gives spectacular results for neck wrinkles and necklines when combined with dermal filler.
What Exactly is Tixel Treatment?
Tixel laser is a skin rejuvenation system that uses a diamond-patterned titanium tip to apply pure heat to the skin’s surface, which can treat delicate skin, the eye area, eyelids, neck, and decolletage. It has a variety of treatment settings and applications:
- On Gentle Settings: it can be used around the eyes and even on the eyelids, referred to as Tixel eye treatment. When combined with active skincare ingredients, we treat rosacea, pigmentation, melasma, and other skin conditions.
- On Medium Settings: it works like a fractional laser, suitable for the Face, neck, and other body parts.
- On High Setting: it has a similar effect to a fractional C02 or Erbium laser but is a much more comfortable treatment, safer and quicker healing. In addition, it can be used for sun damage, acne scars and stretch marks and scarring on higher settings.
Why is Tixel Treatment so Versatile?
Because it uses radiated heat to induce a healing response, skin treatments can be combined with topical treatments that target specific conditions. The skin’s barrier is temporarily disrupted after treatment, and microchannels are created, allowing deep penetration of topically applied products. It is essentially delivering a high dose right to where it is needed. The main treatment area remains the eye area, and unlike other devices, the Tixel laser can safely treat right over the eyelid to the lash line.
- Improve the appearance of skin laxity and dermal ageing signs.
- Has skin-tightening advantages.
- Tixel skin tightening treats fine lines/wrinkles, scarring, uneven skin tone, pigmentation, acne, and rosacea.
- It can treat stretch marks and acne scarring.
Plasma Fibroblast vs Tixel Skin Treatment
We trialled a few Plasma pens but settled on a Tixel laser instead. This is because Tixel treatment, Plasma fibroblast pens and, indeed, even laser skin tightening rely on creating heat in the skin to bring about some injury which then induces a healing response.
- Tixel treatment is the most direct as it generates pure heat applied accurately to areas requiring skin tightening.
- Plasma pens, in contrast, use an electronic probe that reacts with nitrogen in the air and creates an arc of heat to your skin. Unfortunately, there is no control over the amount of heat or application to the skin, which can result in unwanted effects, i.e. burns and scarring.
How Does the Tixel Skin Treatment Work?
Though commonly referred to as a Tixel laser, it is not a laser. Instead, it works on pure heat in a stamping process controlled by our therapist or cosmetic doctor. The metallic plate has rows of tiny pinheads to 400 degrees and is briefly applied to the skin. This creates controlled damage to the skin and induces a collagen-healing response.
- It works as a non-surgical skin tightening, effective and safe for fine lines and lifting around the eyes.
- Also a topical treatment delivery system effective for acne, pigmentation, and rosacea.
Tixel Skin Treatment – Procedure and Recovery
Safe around the eyes, neck, decolletage and hands.
- The treatment course consists of 3 treatments spaced six weeks apart
- 4-6 sessions are recommended for more sun-damaged skin.
- Ongoing maintenance once per year to maintain the benefits.
- Face cleansed, and some men may have to shave
- Topical numbing is applied
- with numbing, most people experience only a mild sensation of temporary heat
- after treatment, the area will feel more intensely hot, but this settles over a couple of hours
- swelling is common and can last 2-3 days
- redness lasts up to 3 days, at which point your skin becomes dry and flakey as the skin goes through the healing process
- this process takes 7-10 days, and skin improvement happens over six weeks, at which time you should get a second treatment
- if one of our Doctors is prescribing skin medication, this will be applied now
- Oxygenetix can be used immediately
Tixel Eye Treatment
The thing that sets Tixel eye treatment apart is the safety of treating eyelids right up to the eyelash without applying eyeshields.
- specialised numbing cream is applied 20 minutes before the Tixel eye treatment
- expect swelling around the Tixel eye treatment – this can be significant
- Tixel eye treatment can assist in treating dry eyes
Tixel Treatment Cost
Tixel Eye Treatment | $400 or $1150 for four sessions
Neck or Hands | $400 or $1150 for four sessions
Face | $600 or $1950 for four sessions
Full Face + Eyes | $800 or $2750 for four sessions
Decolletage | $400 or $1150 for four sessions
Face & Neck | $800 or $2750 for four sessions
Full Face, Neck & Deck | $1000 or $3550 for four sessions
Our therapists provide a complimentary assessment, where you can find out more details and see if the proper treatment is for you. We also offer various services, including Pico Laser, BBL, HIFU, Peels, and Facials.
Please book online or call us on 07 3350 5447 for a Tixel treatment or consultation.