How does LED light therapy work?
- The photons of coloured light penetrate your skin.
- The Mitochondria absorb the light energy and produce more ATP (cell energy) in your cell powerhouses.
- The increased ATP stimulates skin cells to act like younger skin cells and increases cell reproduction.
- The light also increases the microcirculation of blood to the area
- The improved blood circulation and cell renewal generate more collagen & elastin. Ultimately, the increase in collagen and elastin brings about the therapeutic outcomes of improved healing and reduction in fine lines and wrinkles.
Yellow Light Therapy, Red Light Therapy & Infrared Combinations
Infrared light therapy is the most studied of all the LED skin therapy modes. This is because it penetrates deeper into the skin, reduces inflammation, and can be used for aesthetic treatments and pain and injury. However, it is combinations of LED light therapy that gives the best outcomes.
Combining yellow+ infrared + red light therapy:
- Boosts post-laser healing
- Reduces pain, bruising, swelling, redness
- Improves skin tone and texture
- Reduces fine lines & wrinkles
- Reduces inflammation
- Stimulates hair regrowth
How many LED light facials are required?
- LED light therapy for the facial complexion, we recommend a minimum of 4 treatments spaced weekly. However, the more procedures you have leads to continuous improvement. You are increasing the health and youthful plumpness of the skin.
- For rosacea – 6, treatment is required weekly.
- Improving skin texture requires four treatments spaced weekly.
- Post laser LED light depends on the laser used. It may be a single session or multiple for something like a CO2 laser or Secret RF.
- Hair loss – the optimal treatment is weekly & post PRP for hair loss.
Call us on 07 3350 5447 for a free consultation with our therapists or book online.