In recent years there has been a debate – to perform extractions or not? We are not even sure why there is a discussion. We are firmly in the pro-extraction facial camp. The cost of our facials depends on how many required extractions we charge for timing. $110 for 30 minutes | $88 in a package of 4 and $165 for 45 minutes | $132 in a pack of 4.
What is an Extraction Facial?
Blackhead Removal Facial | Skin Extraction | Pore Extraction | Acne Extraction
Extraction facials combine a deep cleansing treatment with facial extractions, including blackhead removal, milia and enlarged pore extraction. All facial extractions are for skin pore dysfunction. For example, blackheads and whiteheads arise from pores blocked by dead cells at the opening of sebaceous glands. Pimples are inflammatory blockages, and enlarged pores form from skin cells and sebum build-up, causing their appearance to widen. However, the most significant demand is blackhead extraction and easing of congested enlarged pores, especially on the nose.
We pride ourselves on providing the best extraction facials in Brisbane. We perform blackhead extraction facials, whitehead or milia extraction facials, pore extraction facials and acne extraction facials. We also provide a range of treatments and skincare that can assist in minimising enlarged pores, settling acne and delaying the return of blackheads and whiteheads. The general rule with pore treatments is that intermittent therapies are required to maintain a clean and clear complexion. So what is involved in the different types of facial extractions?
Facial Extraction 101
There is a right way and a wrong way to perform facial extractions. Facial extraction is used for blackhead removal, whiteheads or sebum plugs. However, our therapists prepare your skin so the plugs of sebum, skin cells and keratin can be dislodged without causing trauma to the skin.
Desincrustion, Steam and Facial Extraction Tools.
Desincrustation facials using iontophoresis have become a buzzing treatment recently. However, using a desincrustation solution, combined with gentle skin steaming and manual facial extraction, provides a better result for blackhead removal, whiteheads, and pimples and minimising enlarged pores.
- The desincrustation solution is a balanced ph formula with essential oils that dissolves and soften oil, sebum and keratin. It is ideal for settling oily, congested skin, blackhead removal and preparing for pore extraction.
- After desincrustation, we use gentle steam with a hot towel. We do not use a facial steamer, as this step is to help open the pores before facial extraction. After the desincrustation solution performs most softening, anything more than gentle steam is excessive (and even harmful).
Your face is then ready for facial extraction.
- We use a variety of extraction tools to extract the pore contents gently. When I say gently, 99% of extractions are gentle once the skin is prepared correctly. However, sometimes there are very resistant plugs.
- Whitehead extraction requires a small needle lancet to create an opening in the skin before it can be removed, and blackhead removal sometimes requires more than gentle pressure.
- We have specialised blackhead removal tools, pore extraction tools and milia lancet. (We have a whole collection of comedone extraction tools).
Who Gets Extraction Facials?
Even people with good skin can suffer the odd area of congestion, hormonal or holiday breakouts. We tailor your extraction facial to your concerns. We pride ourselves on providing thorough treatment and offering a free assessment.
- Extraction facials can form part of regular skin maintenance.
- Facial extractions can be part of preparing for a special event when you want your skin to glow. (We recommend a long lead-in time for special occasions and get your free consultation early!)
- Post holidays, you might have let your skincare routine slide or regularly applying sunscreen has caused unwanted congestion.
- After a period of stress, a common cause of breakouts!
Blackhead Extraction is Our Favourite!
Blackhead removal forms a standard part of our therapist’s work. Our blackhead extraction facial targets non-inflammatory comedones. Blackheads develop when the oil gland becomes plugged with skin cells allowing oil to accumulate. The black appearance is because the comedone is open and exposed to air, which oxidises the sebum. Blackheads often appear on the face, especially the nose, chin and cheeks, but can also occur on the chest, back, arms, neck, and anywhere on the body. Once the skin is prepared, the comedone can generally be extracted easily. However, blackhead extraction in large > 1mm spots (called macro-comedones) can be challenging. Once macro-comedones are removed, they can leave a hole in the skin. This may require TCA cross-treatment with our Doctors to shrink the pore after the blackhead extraction.
Call us on 07 3350 5447 for a free consultation with our therapists or book online.