What is Involved in Forehead Lines Treatment?
Anti-wrinkle Injections for Forehead Lines
Anti-wrinkle injections for forehead lines are a quick lunchtime procedure. However, due to the possibility of causing a brow drop, these procedures are rarely performed without first treating the frown lines.
- Small red raised bumps can appear after the procedure; these tend to fade after about 30 minutes and can be covered up with makeup.
- Bruising rarely occurs with forehead wrinkle treatment. Bruising is more common after eye wrinkle treatment.
- Our doctors exercise caution as dosing too highly or misplacing injections can result in brow drop.
- Skincare to assist in improving skin texture and quality help improve the outcome of all injectable treatments.
- To maintain a smooth brow, retreatment should be performed three to four times per year.
Laser Resurfacing for Deep Forehead Wrinkles
Laser resurfacing can be used with or instead of anti-wrinkle injections to smooth deep forehead wrinkles. Resurfacing can be accomplished by using radiofrequency microneedling, such as Secret RF or Infini, or through the use of a laser, such as a fractionated CO2 laser.
- When laser resurfacing the forehead is combined with a complete facial treatment, the downtime can be as long as 7 – 10 days.
- While healing, a facial camouflage with specialised makeup can be applied.
- When using a laser on people with darker skin types, caution must be exercised.
- Radiofrequency resurfacing is safe for darker skin tones.
Filler for Forehead Wrinkles
- When it comes to treating forehead lines, wrinkle filler is rarely used.
- It is recommended that a soft filler be used to avoid excessive lumpiness if this approach is considered.
- Dermal filler is most commonly used to reshape the brows or fill temple hollows rather than treat the forehead wrinkles.
Forehead Wrinkle Creams
- Vitamin A (retinol or retinoids) and vitamin B 12 (niacinamide) should be included as a bare minimum in forehead wrinkle creams.
- Glycolic or salicylic acid help exfoliate and improve skin condition and helps increase penetration of active ingredients.
- A good moisturiser with natural moisturising factors and a peptide serum will help reduce forehead wrinkles by plumping and hydrating the skin.
- Fundamentally, however, forehead wrinkle creams do not differ from anti-ageing creams used elsewhere on the
Free assessment with our Doctors to discuss your forehead wrinkles treatment.
Are you concerned with forehead lines? We offer you a free assessment with our Doctors for you to discuss your concerns and treatment options.
Call us on 07 03350 5447 or book online for a free consultation.