Anti-wrinkle injections have been used in cosmetic medicine for two decades to provide a quick lunchtime rejuvenation. Most commonly utilised to treat eye wrinkles, forehead wrinkles and frown lines, anti-ageing injections have found many other treatment areas.
How Do Anti Wrinkle Injections Work?
The anti-ageing properties of cosmetic wrinkle injections work by relaxing muscles, preventing the skin from creasing on the surface. It is from repeated expression over time that defects form in deeper layers of skin. When we are young, and we frown or smile, the skin springs back afterwards. With time, loss of collagen and elastin’s skins structural elements means these wrinkles and lines become fixed. If left, they can deepen.
Other Enhancements With Cosmetic Wrinkle Injections
There is a broad range of off-label uses for anti-wrinkle injections. On the face: Anti-wrinkle injections create a non-surgical eye lift, smooth marionette lines, lessen a gummy smile, soften chin dimples, relax bunny lines on your nose, relax teeth grinding or shape your jaw.
Off the face: Anti-wrinkles injections are used to smooth neckbands, provide a Nefertiti lift and are even used in a wide range of medical treatments.
Treatments To Complement Anti-Wrinkle Injections
We offer a range of treatments to complement anti-wrinkle injections. Sunny Brisbane, we love our city, but our skin does not like the sun for most of us. The majority of undesirable skin changes as we get less young are from sun exposure.
Anti Wrinkle Injections are often central to a facial rejuvenation plan. However, depending on your concerns and trying to prevent them, other treatments may be better or additive to an excellent outcome.
For example, Anti-Wrinkle injections are suitable for preventing or reversing wrinkles and lines.
- But for pigmentation or freckle removal, you will need a laser, IPL or peels.
- For facial redness also consider IPL for capillaries
- For fine lines and wrinkles, you will need some form of facial resurfacing.
- For volume loss or glamorising your natural features then dermal filler treatment is indicated.
- For lines on your cheeks – so-called accordion line PDO threads are a better approach
- For lines around your lips, you may also consider laser for lip lines
Our team is trained to advise on the best options for your cosmetic concerns.
When to start wrinkle prevention?
During your 20’s your skin is losing 1% of its collagen per year. Early signs of facial wrinkles, eye wrinkles or crow’s feet, frown lines and forehead wrinkles begin to appear by your late 20’s to mid-’30s. Their appearance depends on various factors, including genes, sun and pollution exposure, stress and smoking. Now is the perfect time to start prevention.
Once women’s domain, it is common for men to use anti-wrinkle injections (and the full range of cosmetic injectables).
Anti Wrinkle Injection Checklist
1. Come in for an obligation free consultation, and we will devise a treatment plan for you. You will get an exact quote for the anti-wrinkle injections cost and be able to ask any questions.
2. Treatments are every 3-4 months, so it is worth considering the ongoing cost.
3. You can get the treatment on the day. However, some people prefer to take the time to think it over before you make a decision. We want you to be happy with your decision.
If an important event is coming up, it is best to get any anti-ageing injections performed well ahead of time. This gives time for optimal outcome, but any unexpected issues have time to resolve.
Anti Wrinkle Injection Cost
The cost of treatment depends on the number of units you require. And how much you need depends on how active your muscles are and what effect you want. Most people prefer a more natural-looking result rather than a frozen look that was popular in the ’80s.
- The price for a single unit varies depending on the type of anti-wrinkle injection is used. There are three different cosmetic injections available in Australia.
- This price also varies whether it is our Doctor or Nurse who does the injection for you.
We offer an obligation-free consultation with our Doctors. In this assessment, they will assess your muscle movement and discuss the options.
Who Can Prescribe Anti-wrinkle Injections?
Anti-wrinkle Injections are prescription medication. It requires a doctor to prescribe, and a Qualified and Registered Doctor must assess you before you receive treatment. Nurses can inject anti-wrinkle injections, and an increasing number in Australia called Nurse Practitioners can prescribe and inject solo. Treatment should occur on an appropriate medical premise. Though these are low-risk treatments, they are not without risk and require appropriate professional standards.
Why Choose Pearl Medispa?
•Pearl is a quality clinic located in Chermside, North Brisbane.
•We give you an obligation free assessment before deciding on any treatment.
•We provide a friendly, affordable service with attention to detail.
•We have been at the forefront of Cosmetic Medicine treatments for over a decade.
•Our Doctors continue studying and attending conferences locally and internationally, providing not only safe but excellent aesthetic results.
Call Us On 3350 5447 To Book A Free Assessment
How Long Do Anti Aging Injections Last?
Anti-ageing Injections injections last three to four months on average. Longevity is individual, with some people getting up to 6 months (uncommon).
Facial injections tend to last longer in the frown area than the eye wrinkle and forehead area. The reason: the muscles are different. In Brisbane, we squint a lot because our sun is intense. Some suggest this could lessen the duration in the eye area.
What are the side effects of Anti Aging Injections?
Side effects of anti-ageing injections are temporary and minor.
- Common side effects include redness and swelling in the area. Bruising is uncommon because of the size of the needles used but does occur.
- Headaches occasionally occur, as does numbness or pins and needle sensation in the areas.
- Very rarely, there can be a temporary eyelid or eyebrow drooping, which resolves as the anti-wrinkle injection effects wear off. These can be distressing, especially when people are wanting to be discrete about getting treatment.
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding are a contraindication to receiving anti-wrinkle injections.
Our Doctors will run through all of the side effects at their consultation.