How Do Anti-wrinkle Injections Work?
Cosmetic anti-wrinkle injections work by relaxing muscles, preventing the skin from creasing on the surface—defects in deeper layers of skin form due to repeated expression over time. When we are young, when we frown or smile, our skin springs back. With the loss of collagen and elastin, the skin’s structural elements, these wrinkles and lines become permanent. They have the potential to deepen if left unchecked.
What can Anti-wrinkle Injectables treat?
Anti-wrinkle injections and fillers help smooth movement wrinkles as well as wrinkles at rest. Anti-ageing injections are used to smooth crows feet, frown lines, forehead lines, and help keep your skin looking refreshed. In addition, anti-wrinkle injectables treat other appearance concerns as off-label indications.
- On the face, anti-wrinkle injectables can create a non-surgical eye lift, smooth marionette lines, reduce a gummy smile, soften chin dimples, relax bunny lines on your nose, stop teeth grinding, and shape your jaw.
- For the neck, anti-wrinkle injectables are used to smooth neckbands, provide a Nefertiti lift.
In addition, anti-wrinkle injections are used to treat a wide range of non-aesthetic concerns, such as underarm sweating, neck spasms, chronic migraines, lazy eye, eye twitching, cerebral palsy and hand tremors. Dozens of conditions are improved using these muscle relaxing injections.
Treatments to Compliment Wrinkle Injections
In addition to anti-wrinkle injections, we provide a variety of treatments. Sunny Brisbane, we love our city, but the sun is not kind to most of us. Sun exposure causes the majority of unfavourable skin changes that occur as we age. Facial rejuvenation strategies commonly include anti-wrinkle injectables. However, depending on your concerns and how you plan to address them, other treatments may be superior or complementary to a successful outcome.
Anti-wrinkle injectables help prevent or reverse wrinkles and lines. However, other aesthetic concerns require other treatment modalities.
- Removing pigmentation or freckles will necessitate the use of a laser, BBL, or peels.
- Consider IPL for broken capillaries if you have facial redness.
- You’ll need facial resurfacing to get rid of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Dermal filler treatments are recommended for volume loss or enhancing your natural features.
- PDO threads are a better option for smile lines on your cheeks.
- Consider a dermal filler or laser for lip lines if you have lines around your lips.
When Should You Begin Anti-ageing Injections?
During your twenties, your skin loses 1% of its collagen per year. As a result, by your late twenties to mid-thirties, you’ll notice early signs of facial wrinkles, eye wrinkles or crow’s feet, frown lines, and forehead wrinkles. Genetics, sun and pollution exposure, stress, and smoking influence the appearance of wrinkles. Now is the ideal time to begin prevention.
What to Expect with Anti-wrinkle Injections
The first step is to come in for a free assessment with our Doctors. They will create a treatment plan for you, provide an accurate quote for the anti-wrinkle injectables and answer any questions you may have.
You can receive the treatment on the same day. Some people, however, prefer to give it some thought before making a decision. For example, if you have a big event coming up, it’s best to get any anti-wrinkle injectables done ahead of time to get the best results. That way, any unexpected issues have time to be resolved.
Anti-wrinkle Injections Cost
The number of units required determines the cost of anti-wrinkle injections. And how much you need is determined by how active your muscles are and the effect you desire (most people want natural-looking results). Furthermore, the cost of a single unit varies depending on the type of wrinkle injections used. In Australia, there are three types of anti-wrinkle injections available. We can provide a ballpark figure for you before you see our Doctors. But the exact anti-ageing injections cost is determined at the free consultation.
Anti-wrinkle Injections Results and Recovery
- Anti-wrinkle injectables typically last three to four months.
- Individual longevity varies, with some people living up to 6 months (uncommon).
- Facial treatment effects last longer in the frown area than in the eye wrinkle and forehead area. The reason for this is that the muscles are different. Other factors such as the activity of the muscle influences longevity. E.g. we squint a lot in Brisbane because the sun is so bright, shortening the duration in the eye area.
- If you are very active, all cosmetic injection treatments tend to wear off faster.
Anti-wrinkle injections are safe, having only temporary minor side effects. They are indicated for men and women. However, receiving wrinkle injections is not advised during pregnancy or breastfeeding.
- Redness and swelling in the affected area are common side effects.
- Bruising is uncommon due to the small size of the needles used, but it does occur.
- Headaches and numbness or pins and needles sensations in the affected areas occur on occasion.
- There may be some temporary eyelid or brow drooping. Although these resolve as the effects of the anti-ageing injections wear off, this can be not very comforting, especially if people seek treatment discreetly.
Call Us on 07 3350 5447 to Book a Free Consultation with our Doctors or Book Online.