Body sculpting encompasses a broad range of treatment approaches and lifestyle interventions. The definition of body sculpting includes the removal of fat using surgical and non-surgical body contouring procedures. Non-surgical body sculpting includes Cryo-lipolysis (Coolsculpting, Cooltech and Clatuu) and surgical procedures such as liposuction and abdominoplasty (tummy tuck).
Non-Surgical Body Contouring
For some of us, diet and exercise are not enough to shift those stubborn areas of fat and give you the body sculpting you desire. Over there last decade, there have been non-surgical alternatives to treat unwanted pockets of fat. This has not replaced liposuction but has provided an alternative approach for non-surgical body sculpting.
We offer a range of body sculpting techniques to help you along the way. You are starting with a free assessment at the outset to determine which treatment approach would help you with your body contouring.
We Use A Range Of Body Sculpting Techniques
We offer a range of surgical and non-surgical body sculpting techniques to help you. We specialise in the art of non-surgical body sculpting from the neck down.
Non-surgical body sculpting and Liposuction.
1. Cryolipolysis or fat freezing, spot reduction and body contouring. The ideal candidate is close to the ideal BMI (less than 30) to reduce unwanted fat. Cryolipolysis works best on stubborn areas of fat. It can be used in all areas, including the chin. (Small to medium deposits ideal). Coolsculpting was the first fat freezing technology introduced over ten years ago. Fast forward to 2020; fat freezing is the most popular non-surgical choice to eliminate stubborn fat. Other quality machines are available, including the Cool Tech and Clatuu.
2. Emsculpting- the latest technology on the market for building muscle and reducing fat. Emsculpting utilises muscle stimulation (muscle contractions at a high rate). Over a series of sessions (4-8), the result is more sculpted abs and butt lifting.
What happens to the fat, body sculpting vs weight loss?
Weight loss with a disciplined diet and exercise shrink the fat cells, whereas liposuction and non-invasive body sculpting aim to reduce the number of fat cells.
- Liposuction does this by physical means, i.e. the number of fat cells in the area are reduced because they are physically sucked out or destroyed.
- Cryo-lipolysis treatment aims to freeze the cells to a point where they undergo apoptosis and are eliminated by natural body processes; Cryolipolisis reduces the number of fat cells in stubborn areas, making it ideal for non-surgical body contouring.
- HCG shrinks the fat cells as usual dieting. Triglycerides stored in the fat cells are broken down and release for use as energy.
What Does this mean for your body sculpting choices?
Once you reach your teenage years, it is tough for your body to grow extra fat cells (lipogenesis). Up until this age, gaining weight can be in the form of producing more fat cells. This explains why people who have been overweight as children have a predisposition to higher BMI; they have more fat cells.
- Fat is an essential protective mechanism for our body to store extra energy, and a little of it makes us look healthier. With a normal BMI, an average adult has something like 30 million fat cells.
- Losing or gaining weight does not affect this number. Instead, the fat cells shrink or expand.
- With liposuction and non-surgical body sculpting, the aim is to reduce the number of fat cells.
Though you do not need to follow any diet or exercise plan with non-surgical body contouring, your remaining fat cells expand if you do gain weight during or after treatments. The fat cells in untreated areas remain the same, Explaining why spot treatment is an excellent choice for body sculpting and contouring.