Carbon Laser Facial Procedure
Before a carbon laser facial treatment, our therapists provide a free consultation to assess your skin.
- A thin layer of carbon paste is applied to your face, massaging it deeply into your pores before letting it dry. The carbon forms bonds with any debris present, such as roughened patches of skin cells or oil clogging your pores
- Our therapists then run a Pico laser across the prepared skin. Because laser light is highly attracted to carbon particles, its energy and heat are absorbed by the carbon paste, vaporising anything the carbon has bonded with. The laser also produces mild heating of the surface, which stimulates your skin into collagen renewal, in addition to shrinking any pores.
- You might feel a warmth or tingling sensation, as well as hear multiple tiny snapping sounds as the laser target the carbon particles in your pores, but it is pain-free.
- The carbon laser peel takes 30 minutes to complete.
Carbon Laser Peel Results and Recovery
You’ll see a noticeable improvement in your skin’s texture and appearance right away. How long the benefit from one carbon laser facial lasts depends on your skin condition and lifestyle etc. Some people get a carbon laser facial to look their best for a special occasion, but the best results come from a series of treatments.
- After your treatment, you may experience some redness, but this should subside within a few hours.
- Avoid active skincare or other skin treatments for a couple of days after treatment.
- A course of 3-6 treatments is generally recommended.
- Sessions are spaced four weeks apart to maximise the effect.
Carbon Laser Facial Cost – $220 | Carbon Facial 3 Pack – $520
Carbon Laser Peel vs Chemical Peel?
The carbon laser facial is far gentler than most chemical peels. Superficial peels such as pumpkin peel facial, an enzyme peel or berry peels can provide a gentle exfoliation and pick me up for your skin, but treatment peels such as Jessner and TCA peels are used for more results-driven treatment. Jessner peels treat acne, skin pigmentation, TCA peels used for acne scars, enlarged pores.
Laser Genesis vs. Carbon Laser Facial
There are significant distinctions between the carbon laser facial and the Laser Genesis. Laser Genesis uses a low-level laser to heat the skin in bulk to refresh multiple skin concerns. Because there is no downtime, it has earned the moniker “lunchtime laser facial.” Laser genesis is said to be effective for a variety of skin conditions and to improve overall skin appearance. However, Laser Genesis is not a laser treatment, and you should not expect dramatic results. Instead, our therapists will advise you on whether a higher power laser, IPL, peel, or other treatment is the best option for your skin concerns. The carbon laser Peel or Hollywood facial, in our opinion, provides a much more intense and beneficial laser facial.
Laser Facial for Asian and Skin of Colour
One of the more exciting new laser treatments has been the Picocare & Picosure laser facial for skin of colour. Picosecond lasers pulse at one trillionth of a second to cause photoacoustic shattering of pigmentation in the skin while avoiding overheating. Because darker skin has more melanin pigmentation, post-treatment laser-induced optical breakdown stimulates collagen production. As a result, it is ideal for skin whitening, pigmentation treatment, pore reduction, and the treatment of fine lines and wrinkles.
Are Carbon Laser Facials and China Doll Facials the same thing? Yes, carbon laser facials are referred to by various names, such as Carbon Laser Peel, China Doll Facial, Hollywood Facial Laser, Charcoal Laser Facial or simply Carbon Facial.
Please book online or call 07 3350 5447 for a free consultation with our laser therapist.