Carbon Laser Facial Procedure
Before a carbon laser facial treatment, our therapists provide a free consultation to assess your skin.
- A thin layer of carbon paste is applied to your face, massaging it deeply into your pores before letting it dry. The carbon forms bonds with any debris present, such as roughened patches of skin cells or oil clogging your pores
- Our therapists then run a Pico laser across the prepared skin. Because laser light is highly attracted to carbon particles, carbon paste absorbs its energy and heat, vaporising anything the carbon has bonded with. The laser also produces mild heating of the surface, which stimulates your skin into collagen renewal and shrinks any pores.
- You might feel a warmth or tingling sensation and hear multiple tiny snapping sounds as the laser targets the carbon particles in your pores, but it is pain-free.
- The carbon laser peel takes 30 minutes to complete.
Carbon Facial Results and Recovery
You’ll see a noticeable improvement in your skin’s texture and appearance immediately. How long the benefit from one carbon laser facial lasts depends on your skin condition, lifestyle, etc. Some people get a carbon laser facial to look their best for a special occasion, but the best results come from a series of treatments.
- After your treatment, you may experience some redness, but this should subside within a few hours.
- Avoid active skincare or other skin treatments for a couple of days afterwards.
- A course of 3-6 treatments is generally recommended.
- Sessions are spaced four weeks apart to maximise the effect.
Carbon Laser Facial – $220
Sale Carbon Facial 3 Pack – $396 (Usually $520)
Carbon Facial vs. Chemical Peel?
The carbon laser facial is far gentler than most chemical peels. Superficial peels such as pumpkin peel facial, an enzyme peel or berry peels can provide a gentle exfoliation and pick me up for your skin, but treatment peels such as Jessner and TCA peels are used for more results-driven treatment. For example, Jessner peels treat acne and skin pigmentation, and TCA peels are used for acne scars and enlarged pores.
Laser Genesis vs. Carbon Laser Facial
There are significant distinctions between the carbon laser facial and the Laser Genesis. Laser Genesis uses a low-level laser to heat the skin bulk to refresh multiple skin concerns. Because there is no downtime, it has earned the moniker “lunchtime laser facial.” Laser genesis is said to be effective for various skin conditions and to improve overall skin appearance. However, Laser Genesis is not a laser treatment, and you should not expect dramatic results. Instead, our therapists will advise whether a higher-power laser, IPL, peel, or other treatment is best for your skin concerns. We believe the carbon laser Peel or Hollywood facial provides a much more intense and beneficial laser facial.
Laser Facials for Asians and Skin of Colour
One of the more exciting new laser treatments has been the Picocare & Picosure laser facial for skin of colour. Picosecond lasers pulse at one trillionth of a second to cause photoacoustic shattering of pigmentation in the skin while avoiding overheating. Post-treatment laser-induced optical breakdown stimulates collagen production because darker skin has more melanin pigmentation. As a result, it is ideal for skin whitening, pigmentation treatment, pore reduction, and fine lines and wrinkles.
China Doll Facial vs Carbon Facial
Is the Carbon Laser Facial and China Doll Facial precisely the same thing? – Yes, Carbon laser facials are referred to by various names, such as Carbon Laser Peel, China Doll Facial, Hollywood Facial Laser, Charcoal Laser Facial or Carbon Facial.
Please book online or call 07 3350 5447 for a free consultation with our laser Nurse Christine.