How do Marionette Lines Develop?
Marionette lines are also known as a ‘mouth frown’ because the edges of the mouth are flipped upside down, giving your face a sad or depressed appearance. So how do these form? The marionette line occurs from a cumulative effect of time on your face’s skin and soft tissue. The two factors responsible for marionette lines are increased skin laxity and redistribution of facial fat down the face under the influence of gravity. The facial fat pads fold at the marionette line because a connective tissue band attaches skin to bone at this point. To lessen the appearance of the jowl, we need to fill the area of the deficit and address tissue laxity and facial fat redistribution. A combination of modalities is complementary as each works differently.
Marionette Lines Treatment Modalities
- Replace the volume in the chin and under the lips to plump out the fold using marionette lines filler. Marionette line filler treatments not only replace lost volume but also serve to conceal flaws visually.
- Lifting techniques to reposition the fat pads and skin back from where they descended – PDO thread lift for marionette lines.
- Skin tightening to address skin laxity – such as RF skin tightening.
- SMAS tightening – using HIFU facial treatment or surgical lifting.
- Restoring the upwards flick of the lips is assisted with anti-wrinkle injections in the chin to relax the muscles pulling the sides of the mouth down.
Marionette Lines Filler
Dermal fillers may be all that is required in the early stages of marionette lines formation. The area immediately beneath the mouth and chin is treated to compensate for natural volume loss. A thick filler provides structural support, allowing the corners of the mouth to be flicked back up. Marionette lines filler is frequently used with anti-wrinkle injections, chin fillers, lip wrinkle, and jawline fillers. Ladies in good health with shallow marionette lines are the best candidates for marionette line filler. Alternatively, marionette lines filler is used as a complementary therapy for the treatment of deep marionette lines.
Marionette Lines Filler – Procedure
At the outset, we offer a free consultation with one of our doctors. During this consultation, they will determine the best treatment approach for you, go over your options, and decide whether or not you will need other therapies to supplement the marionette lines filler injections.
- In the clinic, filler for marionette lines is performed in a quick half-hour procedure.
- The filler contains local anaesthetic, and topical or local anaesthetic may be used to ensure comfort.
Marionette Lines Filler – Results and Recovery.
- The results are immediate; however, the filler continues to settle up to 6 weeks.
- There is no downtime, and you can immediately resume your normal activities.
- Bruising, swelling, and redness are the most common side effects.
- Depending on the marionette lines filler used, the results last up to 18 months.
Treatments to Compliment Marionette Lines Filler
- Chin fillers are used to fill in dimples and chin creases.
- Jawline fillers are used to lift the jowls and define the jawline.
- Lip fillers are used to fill in wrinkles on the lips or plump lips.
- Fillers in the cheeks to lift the midface.
- Anti-wrinkle injections can help to turn up the corners of the mouth and treat chin dimples.
Call us on 07 3350 5447 to book a free assessment with our Doctors or Book Online.