For beautifying, cheek dermal fillers restore cheek curves and peaks and create parallel lines to the other primary face frame, the jawline. So what cheek appearance provides beauty or youthfulness? How do cheek fillers restore this, and what are your treatment options?
Cheek enhancement should restore lost cheek volume, plump out the ogee curve, create a cheek peak point and define parallel lines between the jaw and cheek lines. However, cheek dermal fillers achieve more than just cheek enhancement.
- Cheek fillers improve the appearance of tear troughs, hollows under the eyes and eye bags by supporting the lower eyelid ligaments.
- Cheek filler helps lift the nasolabial fold through a backup effect.
- Cheek fillers help improve the appearance of lower face jowls through a flow-on effect.
- Cheek filler smooths cheek wrinkles through a plumping effect.
Procedure For Cheek Dermal Fillers
- The first step is to consult our Doctors to see if you are a good candidate for the treatment.
- The procedure takes approximately 45 – 60 minutes, paying attention to the aesthetic changes.
- There should be minimal discomfort during the process.
- To reduce discomfort, topical and local anaesthetic can be used. The hyaluronic gel in the cheek filler also contains a local anaesthetic.
- Our doctors prefer to use a cannular injecting technique for cheek filler to reduce the risk of bruising and injection into blood vessels.
Results and Recovery from Cheek Fillers
Recovery time is typically short, and the cheek-filling and plumping results will be visible immediately. However, the final result can take up to a month to fully develop.
- If possible, avoid sleeping on your side for the first few days after treatment.
- To help the cheek filler plump – stay hydrated.
- It would be best to avoid strenuous exercises and activities 48 hours after treatment (walking is fine, but no gym heroics!).
- The effects of cheek dermal fillers last from 12 to 18 months.
- Common side effects include bruising, redness, swelling, and tenderness. So it is essential to factor this into the timing of your treatment. Consider scheduling your treatment so there are no significant events for the next two weeks.
Alternatives for Cheek Dermal Fillers
- There are also treatments available, such as fat transfer (using fat to enhance your cheeks). However, this is a more invasive procedure and necessitates liposuction to harvest the fat. Cheek fillers, instead of fat, provide more cheek projection and shape.
- PDO thread lifts to restore volume to the cheek area.
- A facelift is excellent for getting rid of redundant skin and tightening it. However, it does not restore volume; a fat transfer or cheek filler will still be required to correct the ogee curve and restore the cheek peak.
What are the Advantages of Cheek Fillers?
- The cheek enhancement procedure with cheek fillers is a lunchtime procedure that our doctors complete in less than an hour, and most people can resume their normal activities right away.
- Furthermore, unlike facelifts or fat transfer, no general anaesthesia is required.
- Cheek fillers are less invasive and expensive than cheek thread lifts or surgery.
- There is a high level of satisfaction with cheek dermal fillers.
- While cheek fillers are less risky than surgery, our doctors will discuss potential complications during your initial free consultation.
Procedures Performed in Conjunction with Cheek Filler
The therapeutic approach for facial contouring should be customised, depending on volume loss, sagging and skin condition. Combinations are often essential for harmony and balance.
- Cheek dermal fillers are frequently combined with lip, undereye, or jawline fillers in younger women.
- Cheek filler can be combined with masseter muscle injections to achieve a more oval face shape.
- You can combine cheek enhancement with a jowl lift or a thread lift. But the best lifting is achieved by a combination of filler and threads.
Free Assessment with our Doctors
Our Doctors provide a free cosmetic injectables consultation, so it is best to book for that consultation first, and they can direct you to whether filler, threads or other treatments would be best. Check out our filler promotion specials below. *Filler packages do not include tear trough or nose filler treatment. The filler special package is with Dr Andreina, Dr Aishah and Dr Aj.
Book Online or Call 07 3350 5447 for a free consultation with one of our cosmetic doctors.