Tear Trough Fillers for Under Eye Hollowing
The tear trough develops under the eye area from volume loss in the area. The face fat pads in youth gradually deflate and descend the face. This leads to a hollowing and when light falls onto your face creates a shadow or tear trough. The formation of tear troughs can worsen the appearance of under-eye bags. These factors combine to give a more tired and drawn look. When used for refreshing under-eye hollows, the term tear trough filler is used, although the under-eye filler is used interchangeably. Tear trough fillers are often combined with cheek filler to optimise results.
- The volume loss process starts in the mid to late ’30s.
- Some people have less fat to start with, and the appearance of tear troughs can appear earlier.
- Tear trough fillers help lift and lessen the appearance of the under-eye hollows.
- The tear trough area’s skin is relatively thin, so care and experience are necessary to treat this area to achieve a good result. Always check how much experience your Doctor has with under-eye fillers!
Under Eye Filler for Dark Circles
There are three leading causes for dark circles under the eyes: volume loss, pigmentation in the skin or vascular dark circles. Vascular dark circles are caused by superficial blood vessels being visible under the thin lower lid skin. Each cause has a different approach, and only dark circles from volume loss respond to under-eye filler treatment. Dark circles from pigmentation and dark vascular circles are treated with laser.
Under Eye Filler For Eye Wrinkles.
Eye wrinkles appear all around the eye because the eye is an expressive area of the face. But wrinkles under the eye are generally a combination of volume loss as well as wrinkling from expression. So under-eye fillers are commonly used for under-eye wrinkles. Often muscle relaxing treatments are used with under-eye filler to treat wrinkles.
Under Eye Fillers for Eye Bags
Tear trough fillers can also help under-eye bags, although not everyone is suitable for this non-surgical approach. And it can worsen the situation if there is a lot of puffiness. With the advanced appearance of eye bags, blepharoplasty is indicated.
What Is Involved In Under Eye Filler Treatment?
- A free assessment with our Doctors is the first step
- If you are suitable for the treatment, we will book a treatment appointment for you
- You need to allow up to an hour for the treatment.
- Surprisingly this treatment is not that painful, as the skin around the eye is less sensitive than other facial areas.
Results and Recovery after Tear Trough Fillers
- The results are immediate, though most fillers allow 2-4 weeks for the final outcome to develop.
- There is no downtime after the tear trough filler treatment.
- However, most people choose to get this at the end of the day to go home.
- There can be redness and swelling after treatment, although this tends to be minimal.
- The area around the eye is vascular, and the risk of bruising after under eye filler treatment is relatively high.
- There is a small risk of more severe side effects, which our Doctors will go over comprehensively in your free consultation.
Under Eye Fillers Cost
The cost of tear trough filler treatment varies depending on the presentation and the amount of filler you require. From $900 with our Doctors.
Let Us Sum It Up
Under-eye fillers are used to address several cosmetic concerns, including tear troughs, dark circles, eye bags and under-eye wrinkles. The best under eye filler varies, depending on your problems. Under-eye fillers are called tear trough fillers when they are used to treat the undereye area from hollowing. Other treatments are often combined with under-eye fillers. For example, cheek fillers are commonly combined with tear trough fillers when treating hollowing, and when treating undereye wrinkles, they can be combined with wrinkle injections. Under-eye fillers do not address pigment or vascular causes of dark circles. Sometimes under-eye bags will require surgery. Our Doctors provide a free assessment to assess your suitability for under eye filler treatment.
Call On 07 3350 5447 For A Free Consultation with our Doctors or Book Online